Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Procrastination

Here I am, with a huge English project due on Thursday, eating a bag of ketchup chips to myself and refreshing my twitter feed every 2 minutes. That's just how it works when you're in high school I guess: homework just pushes you to be twice as lazy and twice as ignorant. I know exactly what will happen if I don't get started too: I'll take my time and pretend I don't care, then 9:00 will come around and I'll start panicking because I don't know where to start and would like to sleep by 10:00 (I'm not one for staying up late).

We all know how hard it is, though. There seems to be twice the opportunity for fun and distraction when you have something that needs to be done. I could clean my room, go outside with the dogs, eat everything in sight, or my favourite, lip sing in the mirror. I don't know why, but that mirror mixed with my variety of music traps me for tens of minutes. Even right now, I'm purposely trying to think of all the things I could do to avoid this project.

So, because I can't just stop this writing, I'll write down some motivation to get it done or just think of reasons to start it.
a) If you finish it tonight, you'll feel really good
b) You might be a step farther than the rest of the group, which also feels really good
c) If you don't finish, you will be up late and will be a mess tomorrow
d) It's really not that hard, you just have to sit there and type a little
e) In reality, you have a good 4 hours to finish
f) If you don't do this, your group will be beyond pissed
g) You can do this

And that should be enough to get me going. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment