Saturday, November 10, 2012

Let It Snow

So we got some snow over here in Canada, about 2 feet actually. I know there are plenty of things to do in the snow, but once I got outside in my huge overalls and winter jacket, I went blank. I had already put the effort into getting dressed for the weather, so I just headed for the deepest snow and did whatever came to mind. Turns out the only thing that came to mind after snow angels was to run as fast as I can in my 50 pound ski pants and then collapse when my legs got tired. I could only sit there until my dogs attacked me, then I got up and did the same thing over again. My only goal was to come back inside partially exhausted - I met my goal. A couple bowls of my mother's homemade chicken noodle soup, and my snow day is complete. Now, if I can get into town, I can make it even better by grabbing a friend and going tobogganing like 5 year olds. 

Everytime winter comes around, I think about every other winters I've experienced. I remember in grade 8, we got so much snow that I can't even describe it to you. I don't really remember last winter snow-wise, but we got a lot of rain that year and there was enough ice on the fields to go skating, so I did, right in my "backyard". Every winter is different and I'm surprised by it every time. People seem to think Canadians would are used to winter, and maybe it's just me, but I'm sure as hell not used to it yet. It's still cold, it's still messy, and there's still way more snow that I ever expect.

Here's some pictures from what I've seen the past few winters.
2009, hiding in the only corner without snow

Little Esmee as a puppy, also in 2009

A pretty sight in 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment