Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Nothing

Nothing has been happening lately. Or things have been, and it all feels like no time has passed. I feel like I've been spending the last couple months just waiting for something, but I have no clue what I'm waiting for. Only a couple things pop up in my mind when I try to think of anything even slightly interesting enough to write about. So I guess I'll start there and see where this goes.

Halloween: I went to a grad party. There's been one nearly every second weekend, so it's not even a "treat" anymore, just something that happens and I have nothing better to do but to attend. I dressed as a pirate - the costume was 12 bucks at Wal-Mart with a whole in the armpit, I figured it worked.

I've been to about 4 or 5 dentist/orthodontist appointments lately. Basically, I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled out, when they thought I wouldn't have to because I had my molars pulled. So, next week, I get to take a nice artificial nap while they cut into my gums. Hurrah.

I took home a baby doll for a psychology project last week. It has a little computer that makes it cry and stuff at the times that are set into the thing. You have to either feed, burp, rock, or change its diaper and make sure you tend to those needs within 2 minutes or you get docked marks. Also, you have to make sure you support its head and be safe with it or you get docked for head support and rough handling. It was hell. The night after I returned it, I was still tense and paranoid that the thing was watching me while I slept. My hearing was a little sensitive for the next couple days, every noise making me panic. Thank goodness that's over with.

All in all, I've been spending my days making sure I pass my classes and attempt to socialize, because that's what grade 12's are supposed to do. So I've been friending people on Facebook, following on Twitter, and just making sure people know my name. That's actually been a bit of a problem. I think people know my face, but nobody seems to know my name. This is probably a good time to mention that Jane Sylvestre is not my name. I don't honestly think anyone I know would actually find this blog, but I would rather write without the risk of being found and judged. Having a blog isn't exactly the "coolest" thing I would want people to know about.

I'm having a hard time presenting my humour through these posts, not like how I do through Twitter. I thought it would be easy to show some personality, but I'm having a tough time. I'll try my darnedest next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment