Sunday, February 10, 2013

Things Are Hard

When a teenager says something is hard, you should be expecting that it's not as big of a challenge as we make it out to be. I'm sure most people know that teenagers are over dramatic, though, so let's get this show on the road.

Once again, my future threatens to be the #1 cause of anxiety and worry in my life. I've applied to university and all the odds are in my favour in terms of acceptance, but like any other teen, my head is in the clouds, thinking of all the other opportunities I could pursue. I could just shut up and go to university right off the bat like your usual graduate, but I've been looking into things like nail tech school and fashion design. The nail tech route is actually realistic considering my family is supportive of me being a, for lack of a better term, spa lady. Fashion design, on the other hand, is something I haven't even practiced. Sure, I've sketched a couple designs and they're not bad. I'm good at that part, but I haven't used a sewing machine in a couple years and all I did with it back then was fail at making a little zippered pouch. Yeah, you can take sewing classes, learn how to do all that fancy work and all is fine and dandy - that is if I didn't live in this town. It isn't exactly the land of opportunity here, where "rig pig" is not an uncommon term in the least and sweat pants or flannel pyjama pants is popular movie or dinner attire.
Then there's photography, which I haven't actually even thought about. I know I've got talent in it, my family is also supportive in that, but let's be honest, careers in photography include things like: that one chick at the farmer's market who sells pictures of the flowers in her backyard, that one photographer who takes everyone's grad pictures, or that one with the overactive tumblr account. I guess my opinions might be biased because that's all I've ever seen here, but I assume that it's different in a bigger city.

I feel like I've typed this into so much detail that I actually stopped caring. So I guess the moral of the story is: really, it's not a big deal, you just like being dramatic. Which is fine, go and be dramatic, but friends will definitely get peeved if you do it too often. Trust me, I have one of those friends who has a new pointless drama every week and gets old, fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment